Friday 15 May 2015

The Trekking Trend.

The long awaited day is here, TGIF. I wish I was a princess living in a big mansion,  with all I need around me, and never ever thinking about working in this life. Am I the only one that has this fantasy? Lol. Hmm, if wishes were indeed horses....., but I'm working this weekend. So it isn't TGIF for me. #sobs.

For the last couple of weeks and months, whenever I open a paper or blog, what would be staring back at me would be what I call "the trekking trend". Somebody is trekking for someone. Be it GEJ, Buhari etc. Is the trek for popularity, solidarity or awareness? Seems this trekking thing is now a Nigerian thing. The fad of the moment. When GEJ won the 2011 elections, I can't recall how many people did trek for him then, can you? Even when Naija won the Nations cup after a 13 years wait, no one, not even I, did trek to support our triumphant heroes.

I have come to see that this "trek fad" is endemic to politicians only and Nigeria. Obama became the first ever black man to occupy the oval office and not one man trekked in support of Obama. Abi the trekking thing na seasonal? #wondering.

I seriously don't get this. What's with the trekking? Is it that they don't have jobs,  cos if they do, who will permit them to exercise such stupidity? What pains me is that of a woman trekking with her 4 months old baby strapped to her back. Why risk the life of an innocent child biko?

The other lady trekker showed us a picture of her peeled legs, is that for us to sympathise with her? Who send her message?

Like I asked in a blog, how do they even charge their phones, since they sleep at the road side? And to the ladies, how do they cope when their monthly flow starts? Ladies will understand better. Do they even bath? Is there a price attached to their trekking? Automatic employment or cash? Abeg, I just tire. It's all senseless. If they had told them to match against corruption, fuel scarcity or unemployment, will they have done that? I'm vexing joor.

I seriously think that unemployment has a part to play here. So please, more jobs should be provided, which will make people more occupied with better things than trekking for politicians. I rest my case.
Do have a wonderful weekend Crib mates. E-kisses.

12 comments:

  1. Don't blame them so much .. .it's just solidarity

    elitism6.blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solidarity for what biko? Explain further.

      Delete
  2. Charge my phone?I charge all in the office together with my extra batteries.But this weekend i will be doing minimal browsing and face-booking so as it might last till Monday! Light in my area is boju boju thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolz. Sorry about the light thingy, it's everywhere jare.

      Delete
  3. I'm all up for showing solidarity, but its getting ridiculous. How about walking for charity to create awareness about a cause?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, why don't they just trek for a good cause instead of this. Nawa.

      Delete
  4. Na joblessness dey worry all of them. My sister Omotola don talk am, let them continue to trek away their future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I agree with u joor. I just don't gerrit. How are u and ur family doing? Take care dear.

      Delete
  5. Trekking for their own benefit methinks. If you want to appreciate someone send him a private or open letter, you want to laud his goodness do it on social media but when you start trekking you intend to gain some exposure from the trek. The trek is supposed to be about the one who impressed you but am yet to hear the trekkers talk about this people. I am yet to see them wear tshirts that laud the acts that so greatly motivated them. I understand the first guy's motive, he pledged to trek if Buhari won, but the others? Trekking for self!

    ReplyDelete
  6. na copy copy dey worry people abeg, cos one person did it...it became a trend. na wa oo.

    Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. They should have trekked from Naija to America during Obama's own

    I didn't even take them serious cos it's joblessness.Or why did the lady stop halfway? Who send them msg?Even if you are idle, can't you find something meaningful to do?

    Yeye people!!!!!They got the little attention they want even from PAM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to drop your awesome comments. Love ya, Muahh.
Email: pamciekeem@gmail.com
twitter: @pamciekeem
I.G: pamela_orji